Saturday, June 05, 2010

Life's not been fair...

It is not very uncommon a thought, to not write about; a recurring thought in not only my mind, but I bet in the minds of many other scores of people out there in the world. This is precisely what I have been saying to myself a lot lately. At the risk of sounding cynical, I genuinely believe that there are a lot of things that happen in life that compel one to believe that more often than not, life is extremely unfair. Without debasing all the good happenings, it would be a lot better had life treated me better at times and given me all that I had worked hard for and deserved, and to an extent, the things I wanted badly. Somebody with lower grades getting a better placement, under-prepared people in my class scoring better with simple questions in vivas my life is full of things as trivial as these to many others that led to greater repercussions. Such a feeling is, I believe, completely justified, for it is not very rare to see people with a lackadaisical attitude achieving more than some better working counterparts (read 'me'). Trust me into believing that that one stroke of luck rarely comes for me! It is a travesty of logic how such things perpetually happen, without promises by my close ones of “something better” materializing. Trivial issues like some that I have so miserably mentioned previously, more often than not accumulate and eventuate into an enormous amount of frustration and dissatisfaction, that is, unless the promised “better things” happen.
But in such situations, your helplessness, after all your efforts renders you to believe that maybe things were just not meant to be the way we had planned them. So what to do? Forget it, and carry on with things, and I always pray that



God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.

1 comment:

  1. that's true..at times even i feel that i deserve more than what i actually get...but then, i tell myself that whatever happens is destined to happen...we cannot always control things we wish to...so v hv to just leave it to our destiny n gracefully accept whatever comes our way...

    ReplyDelete